Thick and bursting with flavour, this Bean Dip Recipe made with beans and fresh leaves of basil and parsley can be served with crackers or toasted bread as an aperitivo or a snack, or you can pour a dollop on top of freshly grilled/bbq’d meat and your tastebuds will be dancing!
Share this video on FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/beandip
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/beandipsnack
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
Subscribe to my YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/youtubeVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
HOW TO MAKE BEAN DIP
1 X can of butter beans
1 x can of 4 bean mix
1 x small clove of garlic
1 x handful of parsley
1 x handful of basil
Extra virgin Olive oil
Dry mixed herbs
A small loaf of fresh focaccia bread
(TIP: You don’t have to eat this with just focaccia bread, you should also try it with crackers of your choice, mini bruschetta or anything at all which you normally enjoy dipping in with!)
Food processor OR Blender
1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees celcius (This is in preparation to crisp up your focaccia later on..!)
2. Now the fun begins! Grab your food processor or blender, and add 4 or 5 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Then, add your garlic
4. Add ½ of each can of beans
5. Turn the food processor on and start blending!
6. If the mixture is too dense, slowly add ½ glass of water and mix once again for at least a full minute.
7. Add parsley and basil to the mixture and fire it up once again for an additional minute or so.
8. Now, it’s time to add your remaining beans and a pinch of salt, blend once again and your dip is almost perfect!
9. Finally, grate some fresh parmesan into the mix, for a final kick of flavour along with 1 ½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
10. Now, place the whole focaccia into the oven for around 2 minutes
11. Blast your mix for one more minute and your dip will be ready and smelling delicious!
12. Grab a chopping board and remove the bread from the oven, careful not to burn yourself.
13. The bread should be nice and crunchy — if not, leave it in the oven for just a little longer, but make sure it doesn’t go hard.
14. Now, slice your bread into small strips.
HOW TO SERVE
1. Get a nice medium-sized serving plate.
2. Place your strips of bread nicely onto the side of the plate.
3. Pour the dip into a small bowl, using a spoon to help you transfer the mix.
4. Add a fresh basil leaf to the very top of the dip for presentation.
5. Sprinkle a touch of dry mixed herbs over the top.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank this amazing team of creative professionals. They have been a part of this project from the beginning and have always supported Vincenzo’s Plate and the journey to bring the Taste of Italy into homes all around the world.
Production company: Fame Park Studios
Editor: Bill Way
Brand Manager: Suzanne Prosperi
Animation: Daniele Pignoli
Photographer: Bill Way
Web Designer: Stephanie Nasca
Music “Oktogon” and “Platos178 ok” are composed and performed by Walter Gaeta
Maria and Frank Calla
Mireille Salloum – Street fresh digital media
Keywords: Vincenzosplate, Vincenzos Plate, Chef Vincenzo, Italian food, recipes, Food, Sydney, Australia, Italy, Italian, Pasta, Italian recipes
Watch the video recipe: http://youtu.be/7dIH-bWKfSA
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.