Smoked Salmon Salad is a colourful dish combining the crunch of black olives with the zest of fresh lemon juice. This is the perfect antipasto platter to start off a big seafood menu.
Share this video on FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/smokedsalmonrecipe
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/saladwithsalmon
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
Subscribe to my YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/youtubeVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
SMOKED SALMON SALAD
INGREDIENTS for 1 person:
Smoked Salmon (3 fresh slices)
Pitted Black Olives
A medium size bunch of fresh parsley (chopped finely)
Lemon Juice (or fresh lemon)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 x small plastic or glass container (preferably with a lid)
1. Get your container and pour a small amount of extra virgin olive oil into this so there is a thin layer covering the bottom. This is where you will be able to marinate your salmon dish and allow it to rest.
2. Now, place one slice of salmon inside, keeping it to one side where possible.
3. Then, place another piece of salmon next to this, in the opposite direction ensuring it is also on top of the oil.
4. Pour another dash of extra virgin olive oil over the top (but not too much!), and sprinkle a serve of chopped parsley on top of the salmon.
5. Then, squeeze a generous amount of lemon juice over the top of this layer ensuring it will be able to soak up the flavour.
6. Next place the third piece of salmon on top, add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil, some more chopped parsley and of course (my favourite) some more lemon juice!
7. Now, you should be able to smell the parsley and lemon dancing with the salmon in your container.
8. Seal the container and then place it in the fridge. This will give your salmon time to drown in the flavours and will bring out the best of your salmon.
9. Leave in the fridge for 2 hours, (you can also prepare this the day before and the flavours will intensify even more), or at the very least, half an hour.
10. Now, time to prepare the salad.
11. Place the freshly washed rocket into a bowl and add a pinch of table salt, a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and some balsamic vinegar.
12. The best way to mix your salad is with your hands, tossing it to ensure it is evenly dressed.
13. Next, time for the secret ingredient, black pitted olives! Cut each olive in half, then in half again then into small pieces.
HOW TO SERVE:
1. Using your hands, place a small bunch of your salad into the palm of one hand.
2. Cusp the salad and squeeze it so that you begin to make it into a small ball.
3. Place this onto the centre of a plate and repeat. This should not be too high and will form the bed of your dish.
4. Remove one piece of salmon from the container, and place it around one side of the bed of rocket. The next piece should wrap around the other side and then the third piece, on top.
5. Your finishing touch are the olives. Sprinkle olives all over your dish as evenly as you can starting from the top and letting them fall down.
6. Finally, because lemon is the perfect match with seafood, add another squeeze of lemon juice on to your meal.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank this amazing team of creative professionals. They have been a part of this project from the beginning and have always supported Vincenzo’s Plate and the journey to bring the Taste of Italy into homes all around the world.
Production company: Fame Park Studios
Editor: Bill Way
Brand Manager: Suzanne Prosperi
Animation: Daniele Pignoli
Photographer: Bill Way
Web Designer: Stephanie Nasca
Music “Oktogon” and “Platos178 ok” are composed and performed by Walter Gaeta
Maria and Frank Calla
Mireille Salloum – Street fresh digital media
Keywords: Vincenzosplate, Vincenzos Plate, Chef Vincenzo, Italian food, recipes, Food, Sydney, Australia, Italy, Italian, Pasta, Italian recipes
Watch the video recipe: http://youtu.be/yaP7MoCLHxc
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.