In this video I want to show you how to make lasagna. Lasagna is a layered meal made with pasta and fillings. It can be made with meat and cheese like this one or with vegetables, chicken or seafood. It can have a red or white sauce and sometimes the pasta is substituted for zucchini or eggplant.
Lasagna takes a little time to make but is absolutely worth it. You can freeze this after assembling and cook later if you want to get ahead of yourself.
SUBSCRIBE HERE! – http://full.sc/LQTHYV
Share, like and comment.
Follow me :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Frugal-Chef/245282282242
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 pound ground sausage
¾ pound ground beef
1 yellow medium yellow onion – chopped
6 garlic cloves- minced
1- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
¼ cup chopped basil leaves
• Brown the sausage and beef in a large skillet. Drain the excess fat in a colander inside a bowl.
• Wipe the skillet clean with some paper towels.
• Add some olive oil and heat. Add the onion and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
• Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until aromatic.
• Return the browned meats to the skillet. Mix well.
• Add the tomato sauce. Fill the empty tomato sauce can half way with water and add to the meat. Mix well.
• Add the oregano and black pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
• Add the chopped basil and set aside.
FOR THE CHEESE FILLING:
15 oz. Ricotta cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp black pepper
¼ cup shredded Parmesan
¼ cup shredded Mozzarella
• In a large bowl, whisk together the Ricotta, eggs, garlic powder, salt, oregano and pepper. Whisk into a smooth paste.
• Whisk in the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
• Set aside.
FOR THE NOODLES:
12 oz. lasagna noodles
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the lasagna, per package instructions.
• Drain noodles and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
• Set the noodles aside.
ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNA:
Extra shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese.
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Place a thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
• Top with enough lasagna to cover the meat.
• Top the noodles with about ¾ meat sauce. Sprinkle shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella on top.
• Top with enough noodles to cover the meat.
• Top with the Ricotta cheese mixture.
• Top with enough noodles to cover the cheese.
• Top with the remaining meat sauce.
• Sprinkle shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese on the top – be generous.
• Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
• Uncover dish and bake for an extra 15 minutes.
• Remove from oven and allow sitting for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Print your recipe here – http://thefrugalchef.com/2013/09/how-to-make-lasagna/
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.