Walt Disney World; Epcot Center’s Akershus Kjottkaker Recipe ((yup that’s a mouth full!) Norwegian Meatballs)
Total Time: about 1 Hour
Serves: 8 ( You WILL have left overs!)
2 lbs lean hamburger (80/20 or even better 90/10)
1 lb ground pork
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp black pepper
1 roughly chopped onion
3 tbsp butter
1 cup Milk
¼ cup flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
4 cups beef broth
½ cup sour cream
Lingonberry or Red Current Jelly
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Mix the hamburger, sausage, and eggs well in a big bowl.
3. Make a well in the meats.
4. Add the bread crumbs.
5. Add the spices and mix it all up really well.
6. Make them into meatballs. I made mine into big ones. Take some meat like you are making a hamburger into your hand and press it into a ball.
7. Put them on an un-greased jelly roll pan (a cookie sheet with sides.)
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
10. Once the meatballs are out of the oven, it’s time to make the gravy.
11. Melt the butter with the onions in a deep, large skillet on medium heat. If you don’t have one large enough you can use 2. Because of this you will end up using 4 tbsp of butter, 2 in each skillet. Then half the onion in each skillet.
12. Add beef broth and milk
13. Slowly stir in the flour mixing as not to get clumps..
14. Add the spices.
15. Put the meatballs in the gravy.
16. Cook on low for 15-20 minutes until cooked all the way through but still tender.
17. Remove meatballs to your serving platter (or crockpot if you are serving later or taking to a potluck.)
18. Add in the sour cream.
19. Pour over the meatballs.
20. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans and a large tablespoon full of Lingonberry or red current jelly.
Experimented a little on this one, need to fix the lighting at the stove, and need to get a little better framing. Hope you guys Enjoy!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.