Pumpkin Arancini are delicious stuffed rice balls combining pumpkin and pancetta risotto with the principles of crisp and flavoursome arancini. Is your mouth watering yet? You can apply the steps of this recipe to any leftover risotto and I just know you will be amazed with the results.
Share it with your best friends on FACEBOOK
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/pumpkinarancinirecipe
Check out my website for full #recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
PUMPKIN ARANCINI | PUMPKIN RICE BALLS
Vincenzo’s Plate Pumpkin & Pancetta Risotto (preferably prepared the day before)
3 eggs, cracked into a bowl
Fresh block of provolone cheese, cut into cubes
Fresh mozzarella (or Fior di Latte) NOT store bought shredded
Bowl of water
Vegetable oil (for frying_
1 x medium size non-stick frypan
Deep fryer or 1 x medium pot for frying
1 x whisk or fork
1. Beat the eggs well in a bowl.
2. Moisten your hands with water and pick up a handful of risotto. Flatten it into the palm of one hand, curving it slightly.
3. Put some cheese into the centre, both provolone and mozzarella, pressing it down a little.
4. Moisten your hand again using the bowl of water and add more risotto on top, covering the cheese and make the mix into a ball.
5. Cup your hands around it making it into a ball and moving it around to make sure it is well rounded and that the ingredients in the middle are well covered.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: You can make the Pumpkin Rice balls as small or big as you like..I always make them big because I like to eat a lot!
6. Pour a generous amount of vegetable oil into a pot or deep fryer and put it on the stove at a medium heat.
7. Dip the pumpkin rice ball into the egg making sure it is really well coated before dropping it into the breadcrumbs and rolling it around to completely cover it again.
8. Place it on a flat plate with paper towelling at the bottom so the excess crumbs fall off.
9. Repeat 2-6 unti you have used up all of your leftover risotto.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: Depending on how many pumpkin rice balls you make, you might need to refill the egg and breadcrumbs a few times, making sure they don’t get lumpy!
10. You can put the arancini balls into the oil when it reaches a temperature of between 130-150 degrees celsius.
11. Fry 1-3 arancini at a time (depending on the size of your pot) and they should sizzle as they cook. You should turn them slighty while they are frying to make sure they are cooking right through and the heat is distributed evenly. (This will also help the cheese to melt…mmmm)
HOW TO SERVE:
Make sure you cook the arancini just as you are ready to serve them as they are best enjoyed hot with the mozzarella melted right through.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Subscribe to my #YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/SubscribetoVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
Camera Operator: Bill Z Way
Production Company: Fame Park Studios
Music Courtesy of “Audio Network” www.audionetwork.com
Keywords: Vincenzosplate, Vincenzos Plate, Chef Vincenzo, Italian food, recipes,Italian food recipes, Italy, Italian, Pasta, Italian recipes, Pizza recipe, Italian cuisine, how to cook, cooking show, cooking, delicious, modern, Italian food recipes, pasta recipes, pumpkin recipe, pumpkin rice balls,
Watch the video recipe: https://youtu.be/IE3iCt1ObO4
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.