Grilled Cheese with prosciutto on a bed of rocket is a warm and gooey gourmet delight that takes less than 5 minutes to make but the combination of salty cured meat with thick smoked mozzarella cheese and a drizzle of truffle will transport you to Italy with every bite.
This is 10 times better then buzzfeed grilled cheese.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
Share it with your FOODIE friends on FACEBOOK
Get the recipe on my #FoodBlog
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://vincenzosplate.com/
Kg to cups converter: http://www.convertunits.com/from/kilo+g/to/cup+[US]
SCAMORZA WITH PROSCIUTTO
1 x full scamorza cheese
½ glass of white truffle oil (you can substitute this for EVOO if you don’t have any)
4-5 slices of prosciutto
100g fresh rocket
1 x medium size non-stick flat saucepan
1 x serving spatula (not plastic)
1 x serving board (preferably wooden)
1. Drizzle a small amount of truffle oil (or EVOO) onto your non-stick pan and heat it on a low-medium temperature.
2. Place the scamorza cheese in the centre of the pan until the oil around it begins to sizzle.
3. Using a spatula, gently lift the cheese and cook it on the other side. Repeat this until both sides begin to slightly brown.
HOW TO SERVE:
1. Prepare a wooden board for serving and create a layer of rocket on top.
2. Wrap each strip of prosciutto around 2 fingers and gently peel them off, then place them around the board standing up right – they should look like small roses! – leaving room in the centre for your scamorza cheese.
VINCENZO’S PLATE: Make sure you keep the white fatty part at the top as this is what gives the effect of the rose petals.
3. Once the scamorza is ready, place it on top of the rocket.
4. If you’re using truffle oil, drizzle a small amount over the top for an extra kick.
5. Serve immediately while the cheese is still warm and gooey by adding a piece of cheese, a prosciutto rose and a portion of rocket to each plate.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/vincenzosplate?sub_confirmation=1
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/vincenzosplate/
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @vincenzosplate https://www.instagram.com/vincenzosplate/
FOLLOWM ME ON GOOGLE+ https://plus.google.com/+VincenzosPlate/posts
FOLLOW ME ON LINKEDIN https://au.linkedin.com/in/vincenzosplate
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/vincenzosplate
Join my Italian Tour in July 2017 and discover the secret gems of Italy with me. Check out the itinerary and make sure you book asap (Only 10 spots available) http://www.hiddenitalytours.com/italy-unexplored-vincenzos-plate/
Also join this Incredible #FOODIE community: “ITALIAN STYLE FOOD REVOLUTION”
FOLLOW ON GOOGLE+ http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
It would be awesome to watch my videos in different languages. Would you love to help me to translate my videos to your language? http://www.youtube.com/timedtext_video?v=nD_1pIuVbZc&ref=share
Thank you very much
LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT on my videos please. It really means a lot to me.
Cameraman: Silvio D’Angelo
Editor: Silvio D’Angelo
MUSIC: Courtesy of Epidemic Sound http://www.epidemicsound.com/
#Vincenzo Plate is a You Tube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own kitchen, whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
#mozzarella #scamorza #grilledcheese #mozzarellacheese, #smokedscamorza #mozzarellacheeserecipe #recipeswithmozzarella #grilledcheeserecipe
Re-Watch the Mozzarella Grilled Cheese video recipe: https://youtu.be/nD_1pIuVbZc
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.